HALIFAX, NS — Halifax International Security Forum (HFX), North America’s leading foreign affairs and defense conference, released the agenda of its plenaries and panel discussions that will be taking place this week from November 20-22.
The complete agenda can be viewed here, but among the highlights are:
- China vs Democracy: The Greatest Game – Taking part in this conservation will be Philip Davidson, Commander of United States Indo-Pacific Command; Chris Coons, United States Senator, Delaware; Liam Fox, Member of Parliament, United Kingdom; Emily Lau, former chairperson of the Democratic Party, Hong Kong; and Ai Weiwei, human rights activist and artist.
- 75 Years On: Re-Making the Democratic World Order – Participants include Jens Stoltenberg, Secretary General, NATO; Radmila Shekerinska, Minister of Defense, North Macedonia; Kay Bailey Hutchison, U.S. Permanent Representative, U.S. Mission to NATO; and John Allen, President, The Brookings Institution.
- After 2020: The World With America – Discussions on this topic will include Rob Bauer, Chief of Defence, Netherlands; Mark Green, Executive Director, The McCain Institute for International Leadership; Jeanne Shaheen, United States Senator, New Hampshire; and Olga Stefanishina, Deputy Prime Minister, Ukraine.
- Go Canada! Middle Powers Show the Way – Discussions on this topic will involve Harjit Sajjan, Minister of National Defence, Canada; Angus Campbell, Chief of Defence, Australia; and Artis Pabriks, Minister of Defence, Latvia.
Other featured participants include Kersti Kaljulaid, President of Estonia; Michael R. Pompeo, Secretary of State, United States; Kenneth Braithwaite, Secretary of the Navy, United States; Hulusi Akar, Minister of Defense, Turkey; Peter Hultqvist, Minister of Defence, Sweden; François Bausch, Minister of Defence, Luxembourg; Juri Luik, Minister of Defence, Estonia; John Raymond, Chief of Space Operations, United States Space Force; Rajmund Andrzejczak, Chief of Defense, Poland; Stuart Peach, Chairman of the Military Committee, NATO; Kolinda Grabar Kitarovic, former President of Croatia; Petro Poroshenko, former President of Ukraine; Tzipi Livni, former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Israel; Jim Chilton, Senior Vice President, Space and Launch for Boeing; Tawakkol Karman, Nobel Peace Laureate and founder of Women Journalists Without Chains; Dolkun Isa, President of the World Uyghur Congress; and Leon Panetta, Chairman of The Panetta Institute for Public Policy.
Over the past twelve years, the Halifax International Security Forum has helped leaders from over 80 democratic countries identify future trends and then work together to deal with the challenges that arise from them.
HFX is an independent, non-profit, non-partisan organization based in Washington, DC. The Forum is made possible by the generous support from its partners, including the Government of Canada, and the Halifax Canada Club.
— 30 —
For more information and for media accreditation, please contact:
Robin MacLachlan, Communications Manager
Halifax International Security Forum – (613) 294-6128
Please direct other inquiries to email@example.com
The public can register here to receive updates about HFX2020.
Follow HFX2020 on social media and watch plenaries live on our website, Facebook, and YouTube:
- Follow @HfxForum on Twitter for regular updates, quotes and pictures. Take part in the conversation by using the hashtag #HFX2020.
- Like our Facebook page and follow HFX2020 proceedings over Facebook Live.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel to receive all video updates and follow HFX2020 live.
- Live stream the plenaries on our website.